Contact Us

Mail & Money

How to Address Correspondence | What can be sent by mail

Address example:
Inmate’s name and ADC number
Name of unit P.O. Box or street address
City, state and zip code

All books, magazines, newspapers and catalogs must be mailed directly from the publisher, bookstore, educational institution, or recognized commercial or charitable outlet. No food or care packages may be mailed into an inmate. All incoming and outgoing inmate mail may be read, except for privileged correspondence with the inmate’s attorney; federal, state, and local court officials; any administrator of the Department of Correction, Board of Correction, Parole Board; and the media. If properly marked as privileged, the correspondence will be opened in front of the inmate and only inspected for contraband.

Unit Mail Procedures

Effective August 7, 2017, Incoming envelopes will no longer be given to inmates. In an effort to reduce the introduction of contraband into our facilities, inmates will no longer receive incoming envelopes. Please ensure that you write your return address on the correspondence itself; otherwise, the inmate receiving the mail will not have the return address. The discontinuation of envelopes is for the health and safety of the population as letters are being soaked and laced with illegal drugs. Correspondence will be copied and only the copies will be provided to the inmate. Please write all letters in dark ink only (black or blue ink), do not use pencils or yellow markers because it will reduce image quality. (Should this not be effective in eliminating the introduction of drugs into the facilities, further steps may be taken, including allowing only email or post card correspondence with only one side of the post card being copied). Please click on the examples below of ink versus pencil scan quality.


How to send money

If sending money via mail you may only send money orders. Please include the inmate’s name and ADC number so that the correct account can be credited. The inmate will notify you of correct form to attach with money order and mailing address. Family and friends can also send money online through the Department of Correction’s website. This method requires a credit card and involves a small processing fee.

Quick Links

Social Media

An ACA Accreditied Agency

Contact Information

Arkansas Department of Correction
P.O. Box 8707
Pine Bluff, AR 71611-8707
Contact Us | Google Map