Contact Us

Employee Benefits FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions: Employment | Training | Employee Benefits | Payroll

Contact Information

Contact: Benefits Specialist 
Phone: 870-850-8546/8467

 When can I sign up for Health Benefits?

When can I cancel my insurance?

How do I sign up for savings bonds?

Call National Bond & Trust Company @ 1-800-321-8024.

What is my APERS contribution rate?

If you are a contributory member, 5% of your earnings are deducted pre-tax. If you are a non-contributory member, nothing is deducted.

What is the difference between a pre-tax deduction and a post-tax deduction?

A pre-tax deduction is deducted from your pay check before taxes and social security deductions are calculated. A post-tax deduction is deducted after taxes and social security deductions have been calculated.

How do I find out when my PE date is?

If you were hired October 2, 2006 or after, your PE date will be your hire date. If you were hired October 1, 2006 or prior your PE date will depend on your MIPS status with the exception of those in a promotional job series. Check with your HR Manager to find out which status you fall under.

How do I sign up for a credit union?

Contact your Human Resources Manager for an application to one of our available credit unions.

How much leave time do I earn a month?

The leave programs are described in detail on the Career Service and Leave Programs page.

When can I exchange my uniforms?

Uniforms may be exchanged anytime during your anniversary month.

Are there any exceptions to when I can exchange my uniform?

Exceptions are only made upon destruction of the uniform while on duty and at no fault of the employee.

Quick Links

Social Media


A Division of the Department of Corrections: Cabinet Secretary: Wendy Kelly
An ACA Accreditied Agency

Contact Information

Arkansas Department of Correction
6814 Princeton Pike
Pine Bluff, AR 71602
Contact Us | Google Map