The Training Academy wishes to welcome you to In-Service Training. It is our desire that you join us in promoting a professional environment during your learning experience.
Please find listed below appropriate attire for In-service class participation.
- Shirt- button up or pull over (please, nothing derogatory, offensive or inappropriate for professional correctional staff, no T-shirts, no sports team shirts)
- Shirt and Tie
- Slacks – NO DENIM, no holes or frayed edges
- Dress/Pantsuit- (please, nothing see through, sleeveless or low cut. Length should be professional and appropriate for professional correctional staff)
- Shoes- (no flip flops, sandals, tennis shoes or house slippers)
- Uniforms- must meet Department guidelines
- Headgear- allowed only outside of building (no derogatory or offensive wording, symbols, etc.) ?
- Sweats/Shorts/Sport Warm-ups - will be considered appropriate only in classes containing physical activities – not during normal In-Service classes.
Smoking is not allowed on Academy property.
Please observe break times and lunch periods.
Cell Phones or Pagers need to be on vibrate or silent while in the classroom.
Students arriving more than 15 minutes late for the starting time of a class, or more than 15 minutes late from a break/lunch will be dismissed from the class.